Thursday, March 3, 2011

buon compleanno!

yesterday
i became one year closer to thirty
i know this because 
most of my friends and family 
so graciously reminded me
honestly
i am not scared of thirty
well not that scared
but 
i digress
my first birthday in italy
and 
i was a genius
and 
scheduled 
a fasting blood draw 
the next day
that would be today, folks.
so
how do you celebrate
when you are having a blood draw twelve hours later?
honestly, like you would if you weren't having your blood drawn!
i am a bad patient
yesterday
as i celebrated my first birthday 
away from family and friends
i was never more 
thankful
and 
grateful
for 
{the captain and chase}
me and the captain last night!
they made the day
feel
like a normal
birthday
because 
the captain 
knew of my blood draw
she brought over an ice cream cake the night before
my birthday
her theory:
we celebrate jesus's birthday the night before 
his actual birthday
so we can celebrate yours!
however
kenneth's work schedule
interfered with this celebration
mission first!
so 
we had two cakes last night
my healthy angel food cake
and 
the delicious ice cream cake
the gifts 
were abundant 
and i'm not trying to sound spoiled
just truly thankful 
for the love 
family 
and 
friends 
i have in my life

my 
{daddy}
sent me a box
with two great books 
yes folks
i got {pioneer woman's} new book!!!

the captian and chase 
made me these lovely cards
notice the ladybugs?? 
i did 
they made my heart smile
and 
a gift card for a spa day
this is something i am going to take full advantage of!
i won a free putter!

yes i play golf!

disclaimer: 
i had no idea they were going to take my picture
i was dressed in multiple layers
headed to the gym
please ignore the way i look. 
just look at the putter.
and
i got to talk to many of my family 
which this always makes my day
but
honestly the highlight 
of my calling home
was skyping
with my dear friend becca
and seeing her 
newborn son 
for the first time
i 'witnessed' the birth 
via facebook,
text messages,
and 
phone calls
but 
to see the little bean
it was amazing!!

to sum up my birthday
it consisted of 
friends
family
babies
food
cake
wine
and 
an italian man singing happy birthday to me
a very happy birthday
indeed.

















5 comments:

  1. Thats awsome, glad you had a successful birthday here.
    LOL on the picture, see if Karina will retake the picture. It's cool your a woman golfer, I knew many of them back home when I worked for Antigua (A National Golf Apparel Company) but my self have never picked it up. I would totally be afraid of missing the ball completely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Im glad you had such a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Bec and miss you like crazy!! So glad we got to skype and you got to "meet" Brantley! He is ready for his Aunt Becca to cuddle with him!!
    -Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great day! Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had such a special celebration! :)

    ReplyDelete