Friday, April 15, 2011

ray of sunshine

someone once described me as 
"a ray of effin' sunshine"
and i responded
"well thank you"
obviously i do not think this person 
was being sincere
but 
it opened my eyes
do people think i'm this peachy person
that nothing bad happens to them
then 
i have fooled everyone
here's the honest truth:
i cry
 i get angry
i drop expletives here and there
i pout
especially when things don't go my way
i do try to see the good in every situation
but sometimes
i throw pity parties
so 
please do not mistaken me for the white picket fence person
it's not that easy
and 
yes sometimes i fake it
till i make it
just keep swimming...
but 
i am very content in my life
in who i am
and how i got to be who i am
i have no regrets
i believe everything happens for a reason
and it isn't my job to understand that reason
a good friend once told me 
"speak it and it will be true"
it's a simple saying 
but it's helped me in 
turning my view to a positive view
speak positive
life will be positive
speak negative
and you will be miserable
and there is no fun in that
so today
be a ray of sunshine
just try it
fake it
no one will know the difference


1 comment:

  1. Sometimes no matter how positive you are, there are other plans to pull you down and obstacles are throw your way, it's all in how you handle it. Great post.

    ReplyDelete