Thursday, May 5, 2011

kids say the darnest things (no really they do!)

i know bill cosby 
had a hit show
about 
kids sayin' the darnest things
but 
in my short time 
in the school system
mainly with first and second graders
i've learned 
kids really do say 
the darnest things
and 
i thought i would share
*
scenario one:
making mother's day cards
me: "oh this is a lovely card! your mother is going to love it"
boy l: "yes and she might even cry"
me: "yes she might. i would cry if my kid gave me this card"
boy l: "your kid should give you a card"
me: "i don't have kids"
boy l: "how old are you?"
me: 27
boy l: "O.M.G you have to have a baby like now! you are so old!"

geeze thanks!
*
scene two
me: "so your mom is pregnant"
boy t: "ya....i'm having a sister"
me: "that's exciting!!"
boy t: "not really. i wanted a brother"
me: "well you will have to take care of your sister"
boy t: "ya my dad said that. i'm supposed to kick any boy's a$$ that comes near her."

well then....
*
and finally
scene three:
girl m: "he said nuts!!"
me: "well there are a lot of meanings to nuts. like peanuts or going nuts."
girl m: "um no... my mommy says anytime a boy says nuts its bad.
it means...."
she leans in and whispers in my ear
"that they want to kiss you."
how do i respond to this?

as i collect
some of these wise sayings
i will share...
because we all know
kids say the darnest things!


1 comment: