Sunday, November 21, 2010

day 19: the art of procrastination

i come from a long line of procrastinators.


my fraternal grandfather
(bubba)
was a procrastinator
just ask my mimi


my father
is a procrastinator
don't believe me look in his garage or ask his wife

then there is me 
my name is rebecca and i am a procrastinator
they say admitting is the first step to recovery

and i married a procrastinator
might a say a very cute procrastinator

don't believe me 
let the photos be evidence:
ken's deployment bag in our closet. he returned from deployment in may.

one of two of our suitcases from our vacation that we returned from last sunday.
 it's still in our living room.

the box that has yet to be unpacked from our move in 2004 to colorado springs.
yes friends, this box has been moved 5 times and we have put off unpacking it.



why would someone be thankful for possessing the trait of procrastination?

procrastination give me
the ability to put things off until tomorrow and enjoy today 
allows me to be stress free today







1 comment:

  1. Rebecca the family crest is emblazed with the motto "NEVER PUT OFF UNTIL TOMORROW THAT WHICH YOU CAN PUT OFF INDEFFINATLY" or “Nunquam procrastinatus quid visis semper procrastinatus” LOL

    ReplyDelete